JBIG2 Compression in PDF Explained:
There is a really good article explaining what JBIG2 compression does and why it is a good thing written by Franc Gagnon. Click here to read it.
When we came to add JBIG2 decompression to our Java PDF viewer, we found that no support existed in Java, so we wrote our own and released it under a BSD license for the benefit of the whole community – it is actually used by several of our competitors…
This post is part of our “Understanding the PDF File Format” series. In each article, we aim to take a specific PDF feature and explain it in simple terms. If you wish to learn more about PDF, we have 13 years worth of PDF knowledge and tips, so click here to visit our series index!
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- My 5 key takeaways from JavaOne 2017 - October 6, 2017
- My notes and pictures from thursday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017
- My notes and pictures from Wednesday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017
- My notes and pictures from Tuesday JavaOne 2017 - October 4, 2017
- My notes and pictures from Monday at JavaOne 2017 - October 3, 2017