The call for Papers for Javaone 2012 opens on wednesday. Full details are here.
Javaone is the biggest Java show (although Devoxx is biting at its heels and surpassing it in some ways). It is also in San Francisco (which is one of my favourite American cities). I have spoken at Javaone in previous years and I will be putting in a proposal this week for Javaone 2012. This is why you should also be considering:-
1. The publicity – Javaone is still the biggest get together in the Java marketplace. I asked some other attendees last year why they came and they said it was the best opportunity to meet other developers and see what is going on in the marketplace. Do you want to appear on that stage?
It is ‘hard’ to get a speaking slot so it is a challenge and a way to stand out. It is also a really good chance to get talking with alsorts of people on your subject. They will come to your talk, ask you questions, disagree with you, email you and know who you are.
2. The Opportunity As a speaker you get a free pass to the other talks and also get access to some really cool areas like the private speaker locations where you get to meet lots of amazing people.
Visiting Javaone is a brilliant opportunity to get exposure to lots of new ideas and to indulge in some fresh thinking. And it looks very impressive on your resume.
3. The excitement. An intense week in San Francisco with lots of very clever, interesting people, with a free concert, lots of parties and you can claim it is work. Do I need to elaborate? Make sure you include some extra time to visit Silicon valley and any existing or potential clients and also a day to be a tourist…
What will you be talking about?
If you want more information on JavaOne and further coverage of the entire event check out our JavaOne Series Index, which covers everything that is happening and is constantly updated, keep checking back for new info!
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- My experience of a Turkish bath (visiting Istanbul for DevFest) - November 24, 2017
- My 5 key takeaways from JavaOne 2017 - October 6, 2017
- My notes and pictures from thursday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017
- My notes and pictures from Wednesday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017
- My notes and pictures from Tuesday JavaOne 2017 - October 4, 2017