Today is the last day to submit a talk proposal for Javaone 2012. I will definitely be at Javaone 2012 as IDRsolutions will be having a stand (5111 next to our friends from IText). I have also put in a talk proposal to do a BOF. I’ve done talks at Javaone before and it is one of my favourite activities. I could give you lots of sensible sounding business arguments for doing a talk, but I think there are really two very personal reasons to do it:-
1. You really need to know your stuff to do a talk. Putting together a presentation is a really good way to make sure you really understand a topic. If you really want to understand a topic in depth, try to teach it.
2. It is an amazing experience being a speaker at Javaone. You get to go into alsorts of private areas reserved for speakers. You get to rub shoulders with the other speakers (many of whom will turn out to be your heroes) and you get to be part of an elite group. Your head will tell you its great for your resume, while your heart will find it hard to get a bigger buzz in San Francisco (certainly without breaking any laws).
So go for it! You owe it to your heart and your head. Details are here.
If you want more information on JavaOne and further coverage of the entire event check out our JavaOne Series Index, which covers everything that is happening and is constantly updated, keep checking back for new info!
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- How we are improving our code quality with IDEA in 2018 - March 7, 2018
- How we are improving our code quality with NetBeans in 2018 - March 1, 2018
- 3 ways that the European Union is changing the way Companies write software in 2018 - January 31, 2018
- IDRsolutions product range update for 2018 - January 22, 2018
- 4 ways Companies can make remote working successful - December 21, 2017