At the Itext summit, I did some screenshots of a PDF file and its HTML5 conversion and asked people to spot the difference. That really is the best way to show how good the capabilities of HTML5 can be.
So here is a screenshot of a PDF file and our HTML5 conversion, writing the text onto the canvas as Shapes – a new option for this weeks release. It makes for a larger file (our guys are working on this) but gives you a pretty good version. Or we can convert it to text giving you much smaller files at a cost of absolute accuracy – we give you the choice.
So which one is the PDF?
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- 5 Java Formatting options in NetBeans you probably missed - February 18, 2014
- Setup up an online PDF to HTML5 converter for your Network - January 23, 2014
- Writing a JavaFX PDF Viewer plugin for Netbeans – 6. Linking a FileType (part A) - January 22, 2014
- JavaFX PDF viewer - January 20, 2014
- Extract Shape information from a PDF file (solving common issues with PDF files) - January 16, 2014