At the Itext summit, I did some screenshots of a PDF file and its HTML5 conversion and asked people to spot the difference. That really is the best way to show how good the capabilities of HTML5 can be.
So here is a screenshot of a PDF file and our HTML5 conversion, writing the text onto the canvas as Shapes – a new option for this weeks release. It makes for a larger file (our guys are working on this) but gives you a pretty good version. Or we can convert it to text giving you much smaller files at a cost of absolute accuracy – we give you the choice.
So which one is the PDF?
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- The 2017 Guide to PDF Files – Creation II - January 19, 2017
- The 2017 Guide to to PDF Files – Creation I - January 17, 2017
- 7 ways we might change the way we develop software in 2017 - January 6, 2017
- IDRsolutions will move to Java8 in April 2017 - November 8, 2016
- Is moving NetBeans to Apache good or bad news? - September 29, 2016