At the Itext summit, I did some screenshots of a PDF file and its HTML5 conversion and asked people to spot the difference. That really is the best way to show how good the capabilities of HTML5 can be.
So here is a screenshot of a PDF file and our HTML5 conversion, writing the text onto the canvas as Shapes – a new option for this weeks release. It makes for a larger file (our guys are working on this) but gives you a pretty good version. Or we can convert it to text giving you much smaller files at a cost of absolute accuracy – we give you the choice.
So which one is the PDF?
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- IDRsolutions will move to Java8 in April 2017 - November 8, 2016
- Is moving NetBeans to Apache good or bad news? - September 29, 2016
- A tale of 2 conferences – Business of Software (Boston) and JavaOne (San Francisco) - September 28, 2016
- NetBeans Day 2016 – First 2 sessions - September 18, 2016
- IDRsolutions at Business of Software (Boston) and JavaOne (San Francisco) in September - August 18, 2016