At the Itext summit, I did some screenshots of a PDF file and its HTML5 conversion and asked people to spot the difference. That really is the best way to show how good the capabilities of HTML5 can be.
So here is a screenshot of a PDF file and our HTML5 conversion, writing the text onto the canvas as Shapes – a new option for this weeks release. It makes for a larger file (our guys are working on this) but gives you a pretty good version. Or we can convert it to text giving you much smaller files at a cost of absolute accuracy – we give you the choice.
So which one is the PDF?
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- Some example PDF to HTML5 conversions to show what is possible - December 3, 2013
- What is the connection between PDF files and the Reprieve Christmas Party? - November 29, 2013
- What is it like to be on the NetBeans podcast? - November 26, 2013
- My key take aways from 37signals new book ‘Remote – office not required’ - November 20, 2013
- My Cat (and my) first impressions of the new MacBook Pro laptop - November 16, 2013