At the Itext summit, I did some screenshots of a PDF file and its HTML5 conversion and asked people to spot the difference. That really is the best way to show how good the capabilities of HTML5 can be.
So here is a screenshot of a PDF file and our HTML5 conversion, writing the text onto the canvas as Shapes – a new option for this weeks release. It makes for a larger file (our guys are working on this) but gives you a pretty good version. Or we can convert it to text giving you much smaller files at a cost of absolute accuracy – we give you the choice.
So which one is the PDF?
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- Picking our brains on your PDF problems while we are in Boston and San Francisco… - August 31, 2017
- Why you should read Seth Godin’s ‘Meatball Sundae’ (and attend this years Business of Software Conference) - August 22, 2017
- How we have revamped our support in 2017 - July 5, 2017
- Is attending JavaOne still worth the hassle? - June 21, 2017
- Is it still worth attending software conferences in 2017? - June 1, 2017