I have done a special release today of our PDF library. The main change has been to rename the example class SimpleViewer to Viewer. We originally called it SimpleViewer to signify that it should be simple to integrate (because it could be configured by properties file without having to write code). A lot of people have found this confusing so we have taken the step to rename it to Viewer.
This is hopefully much clearer and makes it easier to add some more enhancements. If you have existing code, we are sorry but you will need to change your code. It should need ONE change – you will need to do a global Search and Replace to change all mentions of SimpleViewer to Viewer (and simpleviewer in paths to viewer).
As we are tidying up names, we have also changed ExtractPagesAsThumbnails to ConvertPagesToImages
and HiResThumbnailExtractor to ConvertPagesToHiResImages for the same reason.
We appreciate API changes are a pain so we do try to keep them to a minimum, but JPedal is a live and actively developed library and it is sometimes needed.
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- 4 ways Companies can make remote working successful - December 21, 2017
- My experience of a Turkish bath (visiting Istanbul for DevFest) - November 24, 2017
- My 5 key takeaways from JavaOne 2017 - October 6, 2017
- My notes and pictures from thursday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017
- My notes and pictures from Wednesday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017