One of the ways you can create an HTML5 version of a page is to generate an image of the page and then draw invisible text over it (allowing seelction of the text).
We are aiming to offer maximum flexibility with our PDF to HTML5 conversion, so we have added this as an option – we can also convert the PDF to proper text (with the Vector graphics on the canvas) and put all the content on the canvas. We are hoping to show off some SVG options at Javaone 2012 as well.
If you want to try the current options, the tutorial on running the PDF to HTML5 converter has been updated. And this is just the first release – so let us know what you think?
Any conversion options you would like to see added?
This post is part of our “SVG Article Index” in these articles, we aim to help you build knowledge and understand SVG.
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- My experience of a Turkish bath (visiting Istanbul for DevFest) - November 24, 2017
- My 5 key takeaways from JavaOne 2017 - October 6, 2017
- My notes and pictures from thursday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017
- My notes and pictures from Wednesday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017
- My notes and pictures from Tuesday JavaOne 2017 - October 4, 2017