There is a new plugin available for NetBeans written by ‘Mr NetBeans’ himself, Geertjan Wielenga.
The idea is to allow all presentations to be displayed inside NetBeans. As most presentations are in PDF format, it uses the LGPL version of JPedal to convert PDF pages into images which then appear as tabs in NetBeans. The plugin is free and you can download it from the NetBeans repository. It should be of interest not just to people going to JavaOne but to anyone wanting to display PDF files inside NetBeans.
If you are going to JavaOne, there will be lots of NetBeans related things on display. This is fantastic if you are using NetBeans, thinking of using NetBeans or even never intend to use NetBeans (as it keeps the Eclipse and IDEA teams on their toes). Eclipse, NetBeans and IDEA will all have stands at JavaOne.
We will write some reports on what we see at JavaOne for the blog…
This post is part of our “NetBeans article Index” series. In these articles, we aim to explore NetBeans in different ways, from useful hint and tips, to our how-to’s, experiences and usage of the NetBeans IDE.
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- My experience of a Turkish bath (visiting Istanbul for DevFest) - November 24, 2017
- My 5 key takeaways from JavaOne 2017 - October 6, 2017
- My notes and pictures from thursday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017
- My notes and pictures from Wednesday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017
- My notes and pictures from Tuesday JavaOne 2017 - October 4, 2017