As part of getting our stand ready for JavaOne (stand 5111 next to the IText team) we have been putting together some interesting demonstrations. Leon thought it would be interesting to put a PDF in Google Maps (using PDF to Image conversion from our Java PDF library) and use that as a PDF viewer. Click here to see an example in Google Maps….
Although designed as a Map viewer, Google Maps actually works nicely as a PDF viewer. It works well on Android and IPhone. It is fast and easy to use – maybe we might look at adding in Text selection next…
If you are interested in anything PDF related, we hope you will drop by our stand (5111) at JavaOne, which starts on Sunday next week (30th September 2012). We will be covering all aspects of viewing, printing, and conversion to image, SVG and HTML5. And we are next to the stand for IText (5113) which excels at PDF editing and creation so all aspects of PDF are covered.
JavaOne takes place in the San Francisco Hilton which you can see here (courtesy of Google Maps).
This post is part of our “SVG Article Index” in these articles, we aim to help you build knowledge and understand SVG.
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- My experience of a Turkish bath (visiting Istanbul for DevFest) - November 24, 2017
- My 5 key takeaways from JavaOne 2017 - October 6, 2017
- My notes and pictures from thursday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017
- My notes and pictures from Wednesday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017
- My notes and pictures from Tuesday JavaOne 2017 - October 4, 2017