One of the greatest experts on the PDF file formats (and also all-round nice guy) is Leonard Rosenthol. He is well-known as a speaker at any PDF related event and as they say has probably forgotten more than most of us ever knew about the PDF file format.
He now works at Adobe and is a regular speaker and evangelist about PDF. He did a very enlightening talk at the IText 2102 conference on standards (answering questions like what exactly is the the difference between PDF/A and PDF?).
So when he writes a book called Developing with PDF it is well worth a mention. Other than the PDF Reference (which is very heavy going), there are very few books on ‘PDF Development’. If you have any interest in working with PDF, it should be on your shopping list. I have ordered my copy and expect to learn quite a few new things about PDF – will you be joining me?
This post is part of our “Understanding the PDF File Format” series. In each article, we discuss a PDF feature, bug, gotcha or tip. If you wish to learn more about PDF, we have 13 years worth of PDF knowledge and tips, so click here to visit our series index!
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- Understanding the PDF File Format: Blend Modes - April 10, 2014
- How we migrated our website from Hubspot to WordPress - April 1, 2014
- Creating a video pitch for your JavaOne 2014 proposal - March 29, 2014
- 5 reasons to go to JavaOne 2014 in San Francisco - March 26, 2014
- Sneak Preview of our new JavaFX PDF viewer - March 21, 2014