As part of JavaOne/OracleWorld there is a set of concerts every night. Last night it was Macy Gray and tonight we had a 90 minute session from Jimmy Cliff. Apparently it was hotter in San Francisco today than Jamaica and Jimmy was sizzling…. He performed some of his great hits (The Harder they come, You Can Get It If You Really Want) along with some of his cover versions (Wild World) and a song from his new Album (you have to have product launches at JavaOne!).
He danced across the stage, whipped the audience up into a frenzy and even performed ‘By the Rivers of Babylon’ on the drums. He had the audience cheering and joining in the chorus.
If you were not lucky enough to be there, here is a sample of what was a bright, sunshiny day….
If you want more information on JavaOne and further coverage of the entire event check out our JavaOne Series Index, which covers everything that is happening and is constantly updated, keep checking back for new info!
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- My experience of a Turkish bath (visiting Istanbul for DevFest) - November 24, 2017
- My 5 key takeaways from JavaOne 2017 - October 6, 2017
- My notes and pictures from thursday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017
- My notes and pictures from Wednesday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017
- My notes and pictures from Tuesday JavaOne 2017 - October 4, 2017