The humble Raspberry Pi made an appearance at the JavaOne technical keynote conference. Mark Reinhold, the man in charge of Java’s development was talking at JavaOne (now part of the OracleWorld conference) and showing off the ability of Java to run on devices both big and small. All the Oracle team were very enthusiastic about the small British-designed device and keen to promote their software on the ARM platform, which they see and doing very well on Mobile devices.
ARM hardware was very much in evidence as he also had a cabinet onstage containing a Pandaboard. The JavaOne conference kicks off properly tomorrow with lots of talks on Java, and ARM hardware very much on the agenda.
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- Interesting PDF bugs – How wrong can the references be? - June 19, 2013
- XFA updates - June 14, 2013
- June edition of Entrepreneur country now available online as HTML5 magazine - June 13, 2013
- Customising your keyboard shortcuts in NetBeans IDE - June 11, 2013
- PDF puzzlers – when is a return character significant in a stream? - May 28, 2013