One of the most compelling reasons to convert your PDF to HTML5 is that it is then easily accessible in Firefox, IE, Chrome and Safari. At the moment there is a war going on between the companies to that develop browsers (ie Apple, Google, Microsoft,etc) to offer the fastest, most fully featured browser which they then give away for free. You can take advantage of this battle if your content is in HTML5.
If you convert your PDF content into a proprietary format (such as Flash) or use a bespoke tool you will lose this all. Some of them will display within a web page but they still do not offer you all the features of the browsers themselves. It is not real Mccoy.
So do you want to use a limited custom viewer or a choice of free tools which are being heavily tested every day by millions of users and benefitting from millions of dollars of development???
Why not try some sample copies with our free online PDF to HTML5 converter (which gives you the HTML5 version to put on your own website)?
This article is part of a series where we talk about the advantages of publishing your PDF magazines online as HTML5. Click here to visit the index and see more advantages.
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- 3 ways that the European Union is changing the way Companies write software in 2018 - January 31, 2018
- IDRsolutions product range update for 2018 - January 22, 2018
- 4 ways Companies can make remote working successful - December 21, 2017
- My experience of a Turkish bath (visiting Istanbul for DevFest) - November 24, 2017
- My 5 key takeaways from JavaOne 2017 - October 6, 2017