Today we are rolling out our regular monthly release. This is actually 2 weeks earlier than planned and is to provide the regular monthly build – we know several customers are waiting for this – and also to give us an extra 2 weeks….
The April release will be back to the last friday of the month and will be a special release as it will mark the first of our 5.x releases. Over the next 12 months, there will be a monthly release of the 5.x release. We wanted this to mark a big step up so this is what will be appearing. Not all features will appear immediately, but this is what you can expect to see over the coming 12 months (we will continue to have a monthly release cycle and a daily build).
1. Much improved XFA support including pure XFA. If you would like to be a beta tester, let us know.
3. Version 3.0 of our JBig2 decoder.
4. More use of JavaFX to add eye-candy and effects to the PDF viewer and a move away from Swing internally (we will retain external backwards compatibility). We are also planning to provide a more memory efficient server mode.
5. A big tidy-up. Over the years stuff creeps in… We are doing a big internal tidy up inside the library with the aim of updating it all to Java6, and improving speed and memory usage.
We may also have a few surprises in store…
Obviously these improvements will be available to current customers with a support contract as part of the monthly updates and they will appear as incremental updates starting in April.
Is there anything else you would like to see in the JPedal PDF library?
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- 4 ways Companies can make remote working successful - December 21, 2017
- My experience of a Turkish bath (visiting Istanbul for DevFest) - November 24, 2017
- My 5 key takeaways from JavaOne 2017 - October 6, 2017
- My notes and pictures from thursday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017
- My notes and pictures from Wednesday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017