In Part 4 of a series of articles regarding the JPedal Version 5.X update we explore the big changes that this update will bring.
Improvements in HTML Conversion
- All internal and external links should be correctly converted.
- Embedded audio will work.
- Printing buttons.
- First, Last, Next and Previous page links will link correctly.
Nashorn and Rhino
One of the main reasons we are making our viewer compatible with Nashorn is to take advantage of it’s speed; according to Jim Laskey at Oracle it is three to five times faster than Rhino and a lot smaller to boot!
JSR-223 was designed to make it easy to use scripting engines that run on the JVM, achieving this by having a consistent API. An API that differs slightly to Rhino’s own.
Support for Nashorn will be available in future versions of Jpedal 5 so be on the look out for an improvement when your viewing forms in our viewer!
Latest posts by Lyndon Armitage (see all)
- It’s as Easy as Pi to make MagPi into HTML5 on your Pi - October 9, 2013
- Making a jQuery PDF Viewer - August 20, 2013
- Check if a PDF is valid using the HTML5 File API - July 11, 2013
- Save time, Test your Code Part 2 - June 26, 2013
- Save time, Test your Code Part 1 - June 18, 2013