1. Think before you act (ie planning!)
2. Make your tests understandable.
3. Keep your tests small and simple.
4. Test one thing only.
5. Fast tests only.
6. Absolute repeatability.
7. Independent tests only.
8. Provide diagnostic output on failure.
9. No hard coding your environment.
10. No extraneous output.
Tomorrow is another full day at JavaOne. What was your favourite Monday talk?
If you want more information on JavaOne 2013 and further coverage of the entire event check out our JavaOne 2013 Series Index, which covers everything that is happening and is constantly updated, keep checking back for new info!
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- Writing a JavaFX PDF Viewer plugin for NetBeans – 9. Updating the plugin jars - August 12, 2014
- Mixing the PDF file format and Java at JavaOne (San Francisco) - July 30, 2014
- My 5 key takeaways from the Roadside MBA - July 22, 2014
- Understanding the PDF File Format: Your 5 minute guide to Indexed ColorSpaces - July 1, 2014
- 2 cool features in XFA forms (and how we can utilise in HTML5 conversion) - June 20, 2014