1. Think before you act (ie planning!)
2. Make your tests understandable.
3. Keep your tests small and simple.
4. Test one thing only.
5. Fast tests only.
6. Absolute repeatability.
7. Independent tests only.
8. Provide diagnostic output on failure.
9. No hard coding your environment.
10. No extraneous output.
Tomorrow is another full day at JavaOne. What was your favourite Monday talk?
If you want more information on JavaOne 2013 and further coverage of the entire event check out our JavaOne 2013 Series Index, which covers everything that is happening and is constantly updated, keep checking back for new info!
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- 5 reasons why you should not be involved in NetCat 8 for NetBeans - December 6, 2013
- Some example PDF to HTML5 conversions to show what is possible - December 3, 2013
- What is the connection between PDF files and the Reprieve Christmas Party? - November 29, 2013
- What is it like to be on the NetBeans podcast? - November 26, 2013
- My key take aways from 37signals new book ‘Remote – office not required’ - November 20, 2013