PdfHelp is a free PDF based alternative to JavaHelp for adding searchable application help to your Java programs.
When Java first came out, Sun produced JavaHelp as a tool to create HTML help for Java. It works well but it can be fiddly to setup and cumbersome to maintain. So we came up with PdfHelp….
PdfHelp offers a fully searchable way to add interactive help to any Java program (or to use as a standalone tool to provide documentation). It uses the Open Source version of the JPedal PDF Viewer to display and search PDF files – all the developer has to do is to provide a list of PDF files – often the same files provided as documentation for the user.
So creating and updating is quick and simple. You just run the jar, click to add the files.
It will give you the required code for your application.
Because, because it uses PDF files, the display quality is excellent and you get full interactive search.
So we hope you will give PdfHelp a try at its new home PDF help.org
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- My experience of a Turkish bath (visiting Istanbul for DevFest) - November 24, 2017
- My 5 key takeaways from JavaOne 2017 - October 6, 2017
- My notes and pictures from thursday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017
- My notes and pictures from Wednesday JavaOne 2017 - October 5, 2017
- My notes and pictures from Tuesday JavaOne 2017 - October 4, 2017