PdfHelp is a free PDF based alternative to JavaHelp for adding searchable application help to your Java programs.
When Java first came out, Sun produced JavaHelp as a tool to create HTML help for Java. It works well but it can be fiddly to setup and cumbersome to maintain. So we came up with PdfHelp….
PdfHelp offers a fully searchable way to add interactive help to any Java program (or to use as a standalone tool to provide documentation). It uses the Open Source version of the JPedal PDF Viewer to display and search PDF files – all the developer has to do is to provide a list of PDF files – often the same files provided as documentation for the user.
So creating and updating is quick and simple. You just run the jar, click to add the files.
It will give you the required code for your application.
Because, because it uses PDF files, the display quality is excellent and you get full interactive search.
So we hope you will give PdfHelp a try at its new home PDF help.org
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- How we are improving our code quality with IDEA in 2018 - March 7, 2018
- How we are improving our code quality with NetBeans in 2018 - March 1, 2018
- 3 ways that the European Union is changing the way Companies write software in 2018 - January 31, 2018
- IDRsolutions product range update for 2018 - January 22, 2018
- 4 ways Companies can make remote working successful - December 21, 2017