JBIG2 Compression in PDF Explained:
There is a really good article explaining what JBIG2 compression does and why it is a good thing written by Franc Gagnon. Click here to read it.
When we came to add JBIG2 decompression to our Java PDF viewer, we found that no support existed in Java, so we wrote our own and released it under a BSD license for the benefit of the whole community – it is actually used by several of our competitors…
This post is part of our “Understanding the PDF File Format” series. In each article, we aim to take a specific PDF feature and explain it in simple terms. If you wish to learn more about PDF, we have 13 years worth of PDF knowledge and tips, so click here to visit our series index!
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- How we are improving our code quality with IDEA in 2018 - March 7, 2018
- How we are improving our code quality with NetBeans in 2018 - March 1, 2018
- 3 ways that the European Union is changing the way Companies write software in 2018 - January 31, 2018
- IDRsolutions product range update for 2018 - January 22, 2018
- 4 ways Companies can make remote working successful - December 21, 2017