I have been to JavaOne on several occasions in the past but not since 2008 where we took a stand at the show. Since then a lot has happened in both the Java and the IT world so I have decided that I will go to the San Francisco show in October. Here is why you should consider joining me…
1. See the future of the Java platform
Java may have a bright future (in which case I want to be in on it) or may be on the decline (so I will need to start making plans). I have always found Javaone to be a really good place to measure the heartbeat of the Java world and see what is happening.
2. Meet lots of people
Javaone is the best chance of the year to meet developers, managers, customers and suppliers. And you get to hang out with lots of very smart people. I am a bit of a snob in that I like to be among intelligent people – they give me ideas and help me think. I have already started a list of questions I will want to ask.
3. A Chance to take stock
Getting out of routine, wandering around the show and listening to the talks is a great chance to get some strategic thinking done and come up with new ideas and strategies. I always take a notebook, just jot every idea down and then review them when I get home.
4. The price goes up after tomorrow
If you book the tickets in the next 24 hours, you get the cheap rate and you can cancel with a full refund up until the start of August if circumstances change.
5. It is in San Francisco
Which is a great city to spend a week in. It has got it all really – climate, culture, entertainment, food, shops, places to visit…
So I hope to see you at Javaone 2011 in October – drop me an email and I might even offer to buy some beers or show you where to get the best pork rolls outside Vietnam…
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- How we are improving our code quality with IDEA in 2018 - March 7, 2018
- How we are improving our code quality with NetBeans in 2018 - March 1, 2018
- 3 ways that the European Union is changing the way Companies write software in 2018 - January 31, 2018
- IDRsolutions product range update for 2018 - January 22, 2018
- 4 ways Companies can make remote working successful - December 21, 2017