One of the best parts of Javaone is the events which happen around it. Several thousand Java geeks descend on San Francisco for the week and there are lots of things happening (and usually beer consumed).
On Sunday, before the conference kicks off, there is the Glassfish Unconference (in the afternoon) and party afterwards in the evening. It is free to attend (and you even get a free teeshirt). It is aimed at both existing users and anyone interested. You do not need to be an expert in Glassfish – I am just a beginner with Glassfish so looking forward to learning more about it and seeing how the experts use it.
This is a chance to catch up with Glassfish developments (which seem to have come thick and fast recently) and also with Java EE developments. It is also a chance to network and meet a lot of interesting people both from Oracle and the Community. You can see the full details and sign up on the Glasshfish page. See you there!
If you want more information on JavaOne and further coverage of the entire event check out our JavaOne Series Index, which covers everything that is happening and is constantly updated, keep checking back for new info!
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- 3 ways that the European Union is changing the way Companies write software in 2018 - January 31, 2018
- IDRsolutions product range update for 2018 - January 22, 2018
- 4 ways Companies can make remote working successful - December 21, 2017
- My experience of a Turkish bath (visiting Istanbul for DevFest) - November 24, 2017
- My 5 key takeaways from JavaOne 2017 - October 6, 2017