As Javaone2011 draws to a close, I have 3 suggestions for Javaone2012 which would make it a better show and would not be difficult. Javaone2011 has been great, but it could have been better in several ways so:-
1. Better organisation. Not sure if it is down to being split across multiple locations but general organisation could be much better. There were too many little things just not working properly which would have been fixed by better organisation such as the Candy Store running out of Candy.
2. Sort out the general hangout space. If you are going to stick it outside in Mason Street you need a wet weather plan (it rained 2 out of 4 days).
3. Reorganise the Oracle pavillion area. This consisted of lots of stands with Oracle engineers. It was confusing to find exactly what you were after as they had general titles (like Java Core) and there was no public rota of who was on. If you wanted to speak to a particular engineer, you needed to contact him directly, as nobody could tell you when they would be around.
None of them is big but they would make the conference run much better. What do you think?
If you want more information on JavaOne and further coverage of the entire event check out our JavaOne Series Index, which covers everything that is happening and is constantly updated, keep checking back for new info!
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- 3 ways that the European Union is changing the way Companies write software in 2018 - January 31, 2018
- IDRsolutions product range update for 2018 - January 22, 2018
- 4 ways Companies can make remote working successful - December 21, 2017
- My experience of a Turkish bath (visiting Istanbul for DevFest) - November 24, 2017
- My 5 key takeaways from JavaOne 2017 - October 6, 2017