It was a glorious Spring day in the beautiful mediaeval city of Ghent, Belgium.
But if you are at all interested in PDF, the real reason to be there today was the IText conference. If you were not there, you missed:-
1. Leonard Rosenthol from Adobe explaining about all the subsets of the PDF format (PDA/A, PDF/X, PDF/E, PDF/VT) and the forth-coming PDF 2.0 standard.
2. Bruno Lowagie showing how to create PDF on Android and some exciting developments to provide better XFA tools.
3. I showed you the guts of a PDF file and talked about HTML5 as a possible alternative.
4. Paulo Soares told you everything you needed to know about PAdES signatures and how you can use IText to sign PDF files.
5. Paul van Brouwers explained all about signatures and certification for PDF files.
6. Kars Veling showed a very slick, free IPad application used by children in the Netherlands (check it out at http://www.q42.nl/). He also shared his experiences and tips on using the Google App Engine.
7. Ywein Van den Brande demystified the complex world of Open Source licenses.
8. Lots of chances to talk to a crowd of people all focussed on the PDF file format and compare experiences.
Many thanks to the Itext crew for being such great hosts and organising a really valuable day. Looking forward to Itext 2013 in Ghent…
IDRsolutions develop a Java PDF library, a PDF forms to HTML5 converter, a PDF to HTML5 or SVG converter and a Java Image Library that doubles as an ImageIO replacement. On the blog our team post about anything interesting they learn about.