At the Itext summit, I did some screenshots of a PDF file and its HTML5 conversion and asked people to spot the difference. That really is the best way to show how good the capabilities of HTML5 can be.
So here is a screenshot of a PDF file and our HTML5 conversion, writing the text onto the canvas as Shapes – a new option for this weeks release. It makes for a larger file (our guys are working on this) but gives you a pretty good version. Or we can convert it to text giving you much smaller files at a cost of absolute accuracy – we give you the choice.
So which one is the PDF?
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- Converting a Swing application into JavaFX – Listeners and fast scrolling - February 3, 2015
- BCS talk by Liz Bacon and dinner at Greenwich - January 22, 2015
- Updating all your Fogbugz colleagues using a virtual user - January 15, 2015
- 5 reasons why JavaFX is better than Swing for developing a Java PDF viewer - January 6, 2015
- 5 things for IDRsolutions to achieve in 2015 - January 1, 2015