One of the greatest experts on the PDF file formats (and also all-round nice guy) is Leonard Rosenthol. He is well-known as a speaker at any PDF related event and as they say has probably forgotten more than most of us ever knew about the PDF file format.
He now works at Adobe and is a regular speaker and evangelist about PDF. He did a very enlightening talk at the IText 2102 conference on standards (answering questions like what exactly is the the difference between PDF/A and PDF?).
So when he writes a book called Developing with PDF it is well worth a mention. Other than the PDF Reference (which is very heavy going), there are very few books on ‘PDF Development’. If you have any interest in working with PDF, it should be on your shopping list. I have ordered my copy and expect to learn quite a few new things about PDF – will you be joining me?
This post is part of our “Understanding the PDF File Format” series. In each article, we discuss a PDF feature, bug, gotcha or tip. If you wish to learn more about PDF, we have 13 years worth of PDF knowledge and tips, so click here to visit our series index!
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- First impressions of El Capitan on a Apple MacBook Pro - October 6, 2015
- 3 Reasons to visit IDRsolutions stand at JavaOne, San Francisco - September 29, 2015
- Making your Java code more modular in NetBeans - September 22, 2015
- Pre-JavaOne sales and Marketing trip to San Francisco in October - September 3, 2015
- 3 Shows you should attend in 2015 – 3. NetBeans Days - September 1, 2015