The humble Raspberry Pi made an appearance at the JavaOne technical keynote conference. Mark Reinhold, the man in charge of Java’s development was talking at JavaOne (now part of the OracleWorld conference) and showing off the ability of Java to run on devices both big and small. All the Oracle team were very enthusiastic about the small British-designed device and keen to promote their software on the ARM platform, which they see and doing very well on Mobile devices.
ARM hardware was very much in evidence as he also had a cabinet onstage containing a Pandaboard. The JavaOne conference kicks off properly tomorrow with lots of talks on Java, and ARM hardware very much on the agenda.
If you want more information on JavaOne and further coverage of the entire event check out our JavaOne Series Index, which covers everything that is happening and is constantly updated, keep checking back for new info!
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- NetCat for NetBeans IDE explained in less than 5 minutes - July 16, 2015
- New APIs to handle PDF files in JPedal 6 – Forms - June 23, 2015
- New APIs to handle PDF files in JPedal 6 – General Features - June 16, 2015
- 13 things you missed if you were not at NetBeans Day UK - May 30, 2015
- New APIs to handle PDF files in JPedal 6 – Text - May 29, 2015