For many years, many people (me included!) have considered O’Reilly’s Java in A Nutshell (David Flanagan) to be THE Java reference book to have lying around – definitive, detailled and with lots of excellent code examples. It used to be updated for every Java release, but with the decline in book printing in general, and the questions over the last few years about Java, this has not happened and we are stuck on a book about Java 5. The language has come a long way since that and Java 7 (while being backwardly compatible) packs a lot more features.
If you read my JavaOne article, you will know that Java is very much BACK and so O’Reilly are now considering whether to update the book with a new release. So if you would like to see a new edition take their survey….
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- 3 Reasons to visit IDRsolutions stand at JavaOne, San Francisco - September 29, 2015
- Making your Java code more modular in NetBeans - September 22, 2015
- Pre-JavaOne sales and Marketing trip to San Francisco in October - September 3, 2015
- 3 Shows you should attend in 2015 – 3. NetBeans Days - September 1, 2015
- 3 Shows you should attend in 2015 – 2. DevFest (Istanbul) - August 25, 2015