Today would seem a good day to revisit my favourite speaking gag…
One of the best conferences you can go to is the Business of Software Conference. It happens every September/October in Boston and it is a chance to meet an amazing array of speakers and other developers.
One of the highlights is the lightning talk competition which I entered in 2009 with a talk called Asteroid impact: are you a big lizard or small and furry? I used the metaphor of the end of the world to look at the big changes we are seeing in the software business landscape. It was the most scary talk I have ever done but it all came together perfectly on the day.
If you are looking for some light relief from the end of the world, or planning your 2013 on the basis it is still there, it is still worth watching it. And if the world does not end, it is well worth attending Business of Software 2013.
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- Introducing the new XFA Parser in FormVu - May 16, 2018
- Moving to JPedal release 8 - May 2, 2018
- Which version of Java SE should I use? - April 25, 2018
- How we are improving our code quality with IDEA in 2018 - March 7, 2018
- How we are improving our code quality with NetBeans in 2018 - March 1, 2018