JavaOne is in a month’s time and it will be a full-on week with lots of talks and events going on. So here are some suggestions on events you might not have picked up on, and things to do to get the most from your time.
1. The Geek bike ride. A chance to enjoy San Francisco, talk to lots of people and chill out on saturday morning if you are in town early. Details are in Java Magazine.
2. The Sunday events. Some of the best bits of Java one happen before the conference actually starts. On Sunday there are lots of Community events, including the NetBeans and GlassFish unconference. It is your chance to meet developers and users, share ideas and pick up some swag! To round it all off, there is the GlassFish party at the Thirsty Bear on Sunday night.
3. Visit the Exhibition Hall. The Exhibition Hall is open monday to wednesday. It is free to attendees, and as well as lots of swag, it gives you a really good idea of what is happening in the Java World. Oracle has a large area of Stands representing all areas of Java (where you can ask lots of questions and try software) and there are lots of Independent companies there too. It is fairly packed this year (we bagged the last stand!) with a whole mix of things to see. We will be on Stand 5174 (next to our friends from IText).
4. Choose a random talk. Java is now a very wide field and there is a tendency to specialise. This is great, but means you may be missing out on some real gems. So choose some talks about new topics. If you do not know about HTML5, GlassFish, JavaFX, NetBeans, JavaEE, etc there are some great introductory talks to get you up to speed.
5. Talk to lots of people. As developers, we have a tendency to hide behind our screens and check our emails – you have the rest of the year to do that! I have always found the attendees at javaOne to be very friendly and there are lots of people whose job at javaOne is to talk to people. The Mason Street Cafe or lunch is a good place to meet people.
6. Remember the concert. I am suddenly cool with my daughter as I am going to a Maroon 5 concert!
That is my six suggestions to get the most out of JavaOne. What are yours?
We will be on stand 5714 (next to our friends from IText) and we welcome anyone to drop by and chat. We actually have 75 JavaOne Discover passes (which give you free access to the exhibition Hall and keynotes) and we are giving these away to the first 75 people who contact us.
If you want more information on JavaOne 2013 and further coverage of the entire event check out our JavaOne 2013 Series Index, which covers everything that is happening and is constantly updated, keep checking back for new info!
Can we help you to solve any of these problems?
IDRsolutions has been helping companies to solve these problems since 1999.
|Convert PDF to HTML5 or SVG||Convert PDF forms to HTML5|
|Java SDK for Image files||Java SDK for PDF files|