1. Think before you act (ie planning!)
2. Make your tests understandable.
3. Keep your tests small and simple.
4. Test one thing only.
5. Fast tests only.
6. Absolute repeatability.
7. Independent tests only.
8. Provide diagnostic output on failure.
9. No hard coding your environment.
10. No extraneous output.
Tomorrow is another full day at JavaOne. What was your favourite Monday talk?
If you want more information on JavaOne 2013 and further coverage of the entire event check out our JavaOne 2013 Series Index, which covers everything that is happening and is constantly updated, keep checking back for new info!
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- Packed DevFest Istanbul 2015 showcases a wide range of developer and web technologies - November 29, 2015
- NetBeans Day in Istanbul at DevFest Conference - November 26, 2015
- 3 steps to creating local mirrored Git repositories for your Continuous tests - November 12, 2015
- My key takeaways from NetBeans Day 2015 - October 26, 2015
- JavaOne keynote 2015 - October 25, 2015