1. Think before you act (ie planning!)
2. Make your tests understandable.
3. Keep your tests small and simple.
4. Test one thing only.
5. Fast tests only.
6. Absolute repeatability.
7. Independent tests only.
8. Provide diagnostic output on failure.
9. No hard coding your environment.
10. No extraneous output.
Tomorrow is another full day at JavaOne. What was your favourite Monday talk?
If you want more information on JavaOne 2013 and further coverage of the entire event check out our JavaOne 2013 Series Index, which covers everything that is happening and is constantly updated, keep checking back for new info!
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- First impressions of the new RaspberryPi for Raspbian, Riscos, Java and NetBeans - March 3, 2015
- Converting a Swing application into JavaFX – Listeners and fast scrolling - February 3, 2015
- BCS talk by Liz Bacon and dinner at Greenwich - January 22, 2015
- Updating all your Fogbugz colleagues using a virtual user - January 15, 2015
- 5 reasons why JavaFX is better than Swing for developing a Java PDF viewer - January 6, 2015