1. Think before you act (ie planning!)
2. Make your tests understandable.
3. Keep your tests small and simple.
4. Test one thing only.
5. Fast tests only.
6. Absolute repeatability.
7. Independent tests only.
8. Provide diagnostic output on failure.
9. No hard coding your environment.
10. No extraneous output.
Tomorrow is another full day at JavaOne. What was your favourite Monday talk?
If you want more information on JavaOne 2013 and further coverage of the entire event check out our JavaOne 2013 Series Index, which covers everything that is happening and is constantly updated, keep checking back for new info!
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- How we are improving our code quality with IDEA in 2018 - March 7, 2018
- How we are improving our code quality with NetBeans in 2018 - March 1, 2018
- 3 ways that the European Union is changing the way Companies write software in 2018 - January 31, 2018
- IDRsolutions product range update for 2018 - January 22, 2018
- 4 ways Companies can make remote working successful - December 21, 2017