Macs have been in a huge majority for speakers at all the talks I attended, including the keynotes. Even the Oracle staff (and Oracle has a reputation for trying to avoid spending more money on expensive hardware than it needs to), have had lots of Macs. Apple no longer provides Java for the OS X platform – it is downloaded from Oracle and there is also the OpenJDK release.
So, given that the speakers at JavaOne represent a hardcore of developers, is Mac the top development platform?
If you want more information on JavaOne 2013 and further coverage of the entire event check out our JavaOne 2013 Series Index, which covers everything that is happening and is constantly updated, keep checking back for new info!
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- IDRsolutions releases JPedal 6 - April 27, 2015
- Announcing JDeli – a new Image library for Java - April 21, 2015
- Report on NetBeans Day Greece 2015 - April 18, 2015
- My First Visit to London Book Fair - April 14, 2015
- Sneak preview of upcoming enhancements to our PDF to HTML5/SVG converter - April 13, 2015