I wrote up my experiences at last weekend’s DevFest Istanbul on our blog. After writing it, lots of people have told me that they wished they had known about the event, so I have some good news! DevFest Istanbul was actually the second one of three conferences organised in Turkey and you can still attend the last one (DevFest) this weekend in Eskisehir.
DevFest is a free one day conference with loads of talks, a hackathon, demos, lots of people to talk to (and you will probably get a free teeshirt as well). There will be free competitors to enter as well (one lucky person won an IPad mini at Istanbul).
There were 4 separate talks running at any time at DevFest Istanbul on a wide range of topics and you can expect the same range and variety at the final DevFest.
There will be lots of technical people at the conference but you do not have to be technical (just interested) to attend. At DevFest Istanbul I spoke to lots of IT people and lots of non-IT people.
The conference is sponsored so it is free to attend – you can register and get more details on the conference website. So if you missed the Istanbul event, you still have a chance to attend the last of the DevFest Turkey events. I can promise you will have a great day….
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- NetBeans Day 2016 – First 2 sessions - September 18, 2016
- IDRsolutions at Business of Software (Boston) and JavaOne (San Francisco) in September - August 18, 2016
- Removal of signed JPedal Java PDF Library SDK jars from August 2016 release - August 16, 2016
- 3 enhancements for our free online PDF to HTML5 and SVG converter - July 5, 2016
- NetCat 8.2 – what it is and why you should care… - June 28, 2016