In a previous post, I talked about conferences to attend in 2014. I was particularly impressed with the Google Developer conferences in 2013 in Turkey, which offer a very intensive (and free) one day event with a huge amount of technical content and networking squeezed in. If you had become disillusioned with conferences as a waste of time and money, Google had reinvented the conference.
So I was very interested to see that Google is running more conferences in 2014. If you thought conferences were not worth attending (and I agree with you 90% of the time), here are 5 reasons why you should consider attending this one.
1. It is free. There is no cost to attend the conference. You are advised to sign-up because they often sell out, but there is no cost to attend.
2. It is not just Android. There will be lots on Android, but if you look at the calls for papers, you will see that it will cover a wide range of technical topics. Not just Android, but HTML, mobile, Google Glass. There are lots of competing technologies at the moment and you can see them all side by side. There is also lots of related non-technical content aimed at helping Developers with marketing and monetising their work. With several competing talks running in parallel, your problem will be choosing which talks to attend.
3. It is aimed at Developers. The conference is taking the Open Source theme and applying it to Conferences. It is a conference organised by enthusiastic developers for Developers. There will be lots of code on show.
4. It will be a great place to meet people. These events attract some very high profile speakers and thousands of very able and talented attendees. There are lots of hallway conversations to have and hear and chances to meet and network.
5. It will ‘recharge’ you. Spending every day infront of a computer can sap your strength and make you forget why you went into Software development. Here you have a chance to recharge that passion! And the organisers have put it on a friday. Let’s be honest – how much work will you miss and what will you gain from attending….
Full details are on the Android Developer Days website.
And if you are interested in working with PDF with Android or HTML5, have a look at what IDRsolutions does.
Can we help you to solve any of these problems?
IDRsolutions has been helping companies to solve these problems since 1999.
|Convert PDF to HTML5 or SVG||Convert PDF forms to HTML5|
|Java SDK for Image files||Java SDK for PDF files|