We are very pleased that we can confirm we will be going to JavaOne 2014 in October. We will have a stand at the exhibtion (5714 next to our friends from IText). There will be lots of interesting PDF related stuff from both of us on show…. We are also hoping that Ernest and Sylwia’s BOF proposal will be accepted for a talk about Lessons learned developing our free JavaFX PDF viewer plugin for NetBeans.
We also think that YOU should be at JavaOne 2014 because:-
1. It is the biggest JavaOne event of the year. It is where all the big announcements happen. If Java is any part of your operations this is the chance to catch up on all the technical and business developments and meet lots of of other companies and developers.
2. Get up to speed on Java8. 2014 sees the biggest release of for a long time. JavaOne will be crammed full of technical talks, practical lab sessions and lots of opinions, providing an intensive Java8 bootcamp. Find out about JavaFX and Nashorn so you can properly evaluate them.
3. Java is so much bigger than Java8 and Oracle. There is an exhibition where you can meet lots of other Companies doing exciting things in the Java market (like ARM on mobile). If you use NetBeans or IDEA you can go and ask the actual developers about the products, try their latest releases (NetBeans 8 and IDEA 13) and catchup on their future plans. Remember to drop by and talk to us (5714) and IText (5712)!
4. You need a break from the keyboard. You will get lots of fresh perspective, loads of new ideas, new skills, and the chance to talk to lots of other developers. You can meet lots of other developers and all the key people of the Java World at the Conference parties or just hanging out at the Mason Street Cafe.
5. It is in San Francisco (with all its cultural diversity and great food), the Giants are playing at home, the weather will be great, loads of free parties and events, there is a free concert… You will have a very tiring (but amazing) week there.
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- 3 Shows you should attend in 2015 – 2. DevFest (Istanbul) - August 25, 2015
- 3 Shows you should attend in 2015 – 1. JavaOne (San Francisco) - August 18, 2015
- NetCat for NetBeans IDE explained in less than 5 minutes - July 16, 2015
- New APIs to handle PDF files in JPedal 6 – Forms - June 23, 2015
- New APIs to handle PDF files in JPedal 6 – General Features - June 16, 2015