JavaFX is the new GUI library for Java, which really shines in Java8. JavaFX manages to be both much simpler to use than Swing and also offer more features. Our developers have been particularly impressed at how much more compact JavaFX code can be than the Swing code. If you need a Java PDF Viewer, we think it would be really nice if you could choose which technology to use (or have the option to choose Swing now and upgrade easily in the future).
So we are very pleased that we can now include a JavaFX implementation of our Swing Viewer (with the same API). We are still adding some features (Forms, text selection and multipage will appear in the next few months and then some JavaFX only features will start to appear). We will be making extensive use of JavaFX support for CSS in some exciting new features…
If you would like to try our JavaFX PDF Viewer (or Swing Viewer) you can download it here.
So we can now leave the choice to you….
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- 3 steps to creating local mirrored Git repositories for your Continuous tests - November 12, 2015
- My key takeaways from NetBeans Day 2015 - October 26, 2015
- JavaOne keynote 2015 - October 25, 2015
- Want to know what it is like to be at JavaOne 2015? - October 24, 2015
- NetBeans Day at JavaOne 2015 - October 22, 2015