JavaFX is the new GUI library for Java, which really shines in Java8. JavaFX manages to be both much simpler to use than Swing and also offer more features. Our developers have been particularly impressed at how much more compact JavaFX code can be than the Swing code. If you need a Java PDF Viewer, we think it would be really nice if you could choose which technology to use (or have the option to choose Swing now and upgrade easily in the future).
So we are very pleased that we can now include a JavaFX implementation of our Swing Viewer (with the same API). We are still adding some features (Forms, text selection and multipage will appear in the next few months and then some JavaFX only features will start to appear). We will be making extensive use of JavaFX support for CSS in some exciting new features…
If you would like to try our JavaFX PDF Viewer (or Swing Viewer) you can download it here.
So we can now leave the choice to you….
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- PDF and Acrobat Forms Converters from IDRsolutions - February 2, 2016
- Updates on Java PDF Viewer roadmap from IDRsolutions - January 26, 2016
- 5 changes we are considering in 2016 for IDRsolutions - January 7, 2016
- Understanding the PDF File Format: Document and Page level - December 29, 2015
- Is the PDF file format Open and Free? - December 22, 2015