JavaFX is the new GUI library for Java, which really shines in Java8. JavaFX manages to be both much simpler to use than Swing and also offer more features. Our developers have been particularly impressed at how much more compact JavaFX code can be than the Swing code. If you need a Java PDF Viewer, we think it would be really nice if you could choose which technology to use (or have the option to choose Swing now and upgrade easily in the future).
So we are very pleased that we can now include a JavaFX implementation of our Swing Viewer (with the same API). We are still adding some features (Forms, text selection and multipage will appear in the next few months and then some JavaFX only features will start to appear). We will be making extensive use of JavaFX support for CSS in some exciting new features…
If you would like to try our JavaFX PDF Viewer (or Swing Viewer) you can download it here.
So we can now leave the choice to you….
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- 3 Reasons to Attend NetBeans Day UK next week - May 24, 2016
- Major JPedal Java PDF Library SDK update in April - April 19, 2016
- Announcing the schedule for the second free NetBeans UK Day (at Greenwich University) on 31st May - April 11, 2016
- A timely lesson on why it is a bad idea to edit a PDF file directly - March 22, 2016
- Tickets now available for free UK NetBeans Day - March 17, 2016