As part of the 20th Anniversary celebrations for Java, the NetBeans community is organising a whole series of free one day conferences in different countries. The aim of the days are to meet lots of other developers and make new friends, learn lots of useful new skills and have fun. If you are within reasonable distance, NetBeans Day in Greece should definitely be on your list….
1. In a novel twist, the one day conference is being split across 2 days with time for NetBeans sessions and time for site-seeing (we are in Athens!) with the other attendees. Doubtless some of them will still spend our time discussing the finer points of lambda expressions whilst climbing the Acropolis and in the bar afterwards…..
2. There is a lot being crammed into those sessions. The Athens NetBeans community have secured speakers from across the Continent to provide a whole range of sessions for both beginners and experts (and given the range of topics you may find you are both). As with all NetBeans days, the focus is in on practical sessions and code.
3. The conference is totally free. You only need to pay your travel costs (or taxi fare if you live in Athens). The experience will be priceless.
When I last looked, there were seven tickets left……
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- How we are improving our code quality with IDEA in 2018 - March 7, 2018
- How we are improving our code quality with NetBeans in 2018 - March 1, 2018
- 3 ways that the European Union is changing the way Companies write software in 2018 - January 31, 2018
- IDRsolutions product range update for 2018 - January 22, 2018
- 4 ways Companies can make remote working successful - December 21, 2017