We will be at JavaOne San Francisco in September (Stand 5710), so at IDR Solutions we are currently working on our list of new features we would like to demonstrate at the event. Some we will prioritize before others, and we are also planning some surprises. So stay tuned let us know what features you would really like to see. Here is a sneak preview just for you…
1. Remove BouncyCastle dependency for all products.
Having a second jar makes it more complex to setup and use our software. So we will implement our own JCE to provide the functions we need.
You will be able to edit and reserve Annotations, and both FDF and XFA Forms. We will also provide an API to make this possible in your own code using our libraries.
3. Better export features in our Java Viewer.
We will be making it easier to save out PDF files as images.
4. Better image down-sampling.
At the moment we use an averaging option to down-sample large images. The image code has been rewritten so we can optimise this for different types of image, sharpening black and white while smoothing grayscale and RGB.
5. Simple code to implement your own HTML5 viewer.
We have our own fully featured HTML5 viewer. For clients who want to implement their own, we have created a simple viewer base which will be easy to extend and customise.
6. Dedicated HTML5 Forms viewer.
We will be creating a separate forms viewer for JPDFForms and XFA and FDF data which makes it much simpler to work with forms and reserve the data locally or back to server.
7. Getting ready for Java9.
We have already started working to make sure that our code will run well on Java9 (and on previous versions of Java which we support).
We are still prioritising our final list, so if you want to suggest any other items or tell us which is most important to you, that will help us to prioritise. See you at JavaOne!
Latest posts by Mark Stephens (see all)
- NetBeans Day UK announced for Tuesday 25th April 2017 - February 1, 2017
- The 2017 Guide to PDF Files – Creation II - January 19, 2017
- The 2017 Guide to to PDF Files – Creation I - January 17, 2017
- 7 ways we might change the way we develop software in 2017 - January 6, 2017
- IDRsolutions will move to Java8 in April 2017 - November 8, 2016