NetBeans day 2017 is not too far away now and we hope to see as many of you attend as possible. It is going to be a great day where there will be many experienced people who have excelled in the computing industry.
Like last year, we have 2 tracks – you will have a choice of which workshops you would like to attend. Also like last year, there will be free lunch and tea!
There will also be a chance to win some prizes and goodies, some of which have been sponsored by Apress
Below is the agenda for NetBeans day so you know what to look forward to:
09:30 – 10:00: Registration in QA063
10:00 – 10:30: News from the NetBeans Community (Geertjan Wielenga)
10:30 – 11:00: Graal: A Polyglot VM for a Polyglot IDE (Chris Seaton)
11:00 – 12:00: NetBeans 101 (Zain Arshad & Mark Stephens)
12:00 – 13:00: Lunch & Networking
13:00 – 14:30: Workshops (The two below will run in parallel, you’ll need to choose!)
– Baking a Java EE 8 Micro Pi (Andrew Pielage & Mike Croft)
– Diving into the Newest Jigsaw and Java 9 Features (John Kostaras, Geertjan Wielenga)
14:30 – 15:00: Tea & Networking
15:00 – 16:30: Workshops (The two below will run in parallel, you’ll need to choose!)
– Extending NetBeans IDE (Zain Arshad, Mark Stephens, Neil Smith)
16:30: Wrap Up and Prizes
Please do come along – see you soon!
Latest posts by Zain (see all)
- Using Zendesk or Jira Service Desk to provide customer support - July 20, 2017
- Java 9 JShell explained in 5 minutes - May 11, 2017
- Java 9 Modularity explained in 5 minutes - May 4, 2017
- Key takeaways from NetBeans Day UK 2017 - April 26, 2017
- Why IDRsolutions uses the NetBeans IDE for Java Development - April 18, 2017