Last year we announced in a blog post that we would be moving on to Java8 in April 2017, and in November we wrote another post to explain the reasons for the move. April is now fast approaching, so wanted to give you a reminder that Java 8 will be required to use all our products from next month onwards. Goodbye Java6 and Java7…
Java8 will allow us to continue to improve our product and our team have lots of exciting plans to make use of it. Java 9 is just around the corner (at the time of writing the General Availability date is set for 27th July 2017) so now is a good time to be moving forwards.
If you have any questions or concerns about moving on to Java 8 please feel free to contact us on our support form and we will be happy to discuss them with you.
We are looking forward to moving forwards to Java 8 next month and hope that you will soon start to see what all the fuss is about.
Latest posts by Bethan Palmer (see all)
- WTF: What’s The Future and Why It’s Up To Us – Book Review - January 15, 2018
- Java 8 Articles – Series Index - January 8, 2018
- Announcing our new support site - January 2, 2018
- 4 tools that make remote work possible - December 27, 2017
- Christmas reading – Dawn of the New Everything by Jaron Lanier - December 14, 2017