Over there last 12 months, we have been taking a long, hard look at how we handle our customer support. We now have a porfolio of different products (which will continue to expand over the next 12 months) and our traditional JPedal users generally have slightly different needs to clients using our PDF to HTML5 converter. We felt that we could improve on what we already had and make it better.
In particular, we felt that there was an increasing range of new software tools which make it much easier to track and run support for customers, allowing us to focus on providing and delivering that support.
This is potentially a large and vague subject. So we split it into specific areas:-
- Issue tracking (how customers can raise cases and get our help).
- Service Desk (how we organise, track and handle issues).
- Help Desk (making it easier for customers to find the answers and information they need).
- Sales (how we can give potential customers the information and assistance they need).
- Communications/management (how we organise ourselves internally so that we share information and ideas and make the most of our team).
Some of these problems involved rethinking how we approach these issues and some involved making use of some very cool new software.
In this month’s series of articles, my colleagues will share with you some thoughts on what we have changed and why we adopted or changed the tools we used. I hope you will join in the conversation and give us your thoughts and ideas as well.
IDRsolutions develop a Java PDF library, a PDF forms to HTML5 converter, a PDF to HTML5 or SVG converter and a Java Image Library that doubles as an ImageIO replacement. On the blog our team post about anything interesting they learn about.