Devoxx is now officially in full force – with the deep dives over, the conference floor and theatres are packed with people.
First up, Stephan Janssen kicked off the day with the welcoming keynote:
Immediately followed up by Mark Reinhold with the current state of Java 9:
Well, not quite…
He also cleared up some common misconceptions with the new release model:
Next, a talk about all the technology behind CERN, who are also going to be hosting a Voxxed Days conference in the future!
Kevlin Henney had some amusing experiences to share…
… and Venkat continued to dominate the ratings chart for the week.
Google gave a talk on serverless technology, showing off their new serverless (quite literally) datacenter:
They also delved further into what serverless actually is, and how they think it should work:
We also dropped by various talks on topics including design for developers, the use of containers in continuous integration and tips for being a better technical lead…
Last of all, is a conference really a conference without beer and fries?
Are you currently at Devoxx? Or maybe you’re watching the livestreams?
Let us know your favourite talks so far in the comments below.
Latest posts by Rob (see all)
- Java 10 improvements to Garbage Collection explained in 5 minutes - April 10, 2018
- How to improve your code using SonarQube - March 28, 2018
- How we are improving security in our products - January 17, 2018
- Pictures from Wednesday at Devoxx - November 9, 2017
- Pictures from Monday at Devoxx - November 7, 2017