There are lots of serious, analytical blog posts appearing about Oracle Code One such as this excellent post from my colleague Bethan Palmer. This is not one of them! Here are the top 5 things which surprised, amused, infuriated or just plain annoyed me….
- The first ever CodeOne conference or not. This is the first ever Oracle CodeOne event. So why does my badge have an Alumni sticker on it?? Go figure that.
- Everyone can appear to be a Duke’s choice winner. If you hang out at the Duke’s choice long enough, the delighted winners will let you hold their Duke trophy and you can get a picture to show your friends and put on your website to mislead your potential customers. And have your acceptance speech ready. This award belongs to my agent, my friends, my family, but most of all to me as I actually did all the hard work….
- Lunch is a race. On monday, there were three people counting the people in the lunch queue. They should have just counted the lunch boxes as they ran out of lunches in the Moscone West by 12.20. In future skip the talks and be there for 11.30
- Always sit behind a short person. When you go to a talk, if a short person has a seat behind them, always grab it. If you sit behind an empty seat, you can guarantee it will be occupied by an 8 foot giant and you will spend the whole talk trying to squint round them.
- Get your picture with duke. He will make you look thin and cute whoever you are.
I could go on (and on), but I would to hear what was your WTF moment was at the show?
IDRsolutions develop a Java PDF library, a PDF forms to HTML5 converter, a PDF to HTML5 or SVG converter and a Java Image Library that doubles as an ImageIO replacement. On the blog our team post about anything interesting they learn about.