For some time we have hosted the BuildVu cloud service to allow you to quickly and easily convert pdf documents using a simple REST API and clients available in many different programming languages. Now we also host a JPedal cloud service to provide extraction and conversion services.
How can the JPedal cloud service be used?
This move to the cloud has 3 different approaches you can take.
- Add the service to an application server.
- Add the service to a cloud platform.
- Use the IDRSolutions hosted service.
The links above will show you how to set up a server of your own or deploy it to the cloud.
In order to get started with the IDRSolutions hosted service, you need only request a trial and will be given a token in the email you receive. This token can be used with the hosted service to convert document pages to images, extract image content, and extract text.
How to set up our own service?
This is accomplished using the projects we provide on our GitHub repositories.
There you will find projects for the various language clients, microservice projects for generating the war file, and projects for generating the docker image. These are also available on different package managers making it much easier to add them to your project.
Where can I find more details?
More details on all the topics above can be found on our support site and in the GitHub repositories of the different clients, microservice, and docker projects.
Full details of the JPedal Cloud and its use can be found by following the links below.
- How to deploy the service to different application servers
- How to deploy the service to the cloud using docker
- Using the clients to convert PDF pages to images
- Using the clients to extract images from PDF pages
- Using the clients to extract text from PDF pages
- GitHub repositories