IDR Solutions have spent 20 years developing PDF libraries for other developers to view, display and convert PDF files. In that time we have learnt a lot and tried to share this on our blog.
So if you would like to carry on learning more about PDF and Java, we have a big backlog of content.
Here are some suggestions.
PDF Reading Recommendations
- Understanding the PDF File Format Overview – If your new to to the world of PDF we recommend you get started here.
- Bugs, Gotchas and tips – in depth information on storing content in PDF Files, interesting bugs, Q & A’s and more.
- Text and Fonts Index covers a variety of subjects related to text in PDF’s under the technical section if your interested in further reading.
- Understanding Printing in Java and PDF’s article. – printing PDF files in Java which is a frequently asked about.
- Understanding PDF Forms (XFA) , why its important, its feature and lots more information on PDF Forms.
Hopefully you have found all of this useful. Do you have any further questions you would like answered or feel like there is something that we haven’t covered and would like to see us cover in the future? Leave us a comment and we will see what we can do!
IDRsolutions develop a Java PDF library, a PDF forms to HTML5 converter, a PDF to HTML5 or SVG converter and a Java Image Library that doubles as an ImageIO replacement. On the blog our team post about anything interesting they learn about.