In this blog post I will explain how to read PSD images in Java using the free ImageIO library and our own JDeli image library.
How to read a PSD image in Java with ImageIO
- Download TwelveMonkeys plugin and add to class path.
- Create a File handle, InputStream or URL pointing to the raw PSD image.
- ImageIO will now be able to read a PSD file into a BufferedImage. This syntax is like so:
BufferedImage image = ImageIO.read(psdFileOrInputStreamOrURL)
How to read a PSD image in Java with JDeli
- Add JDeli to the class or module path. (download the trial jar).
- Create a File handle, InputStream pointing to the raw PSD image. You can also use a byte containing the image data.
- Read the PSD image into a BufferedImage
BufferedImage image = JDeli.read(psdFile);
Start reading and writing images with one line of code
BufferedImage image = JDeli.read(streamOrFile);
JDeli.write(myBufferedImage, OutputFormat.HEIC, outputStreamOrFile)