GIF files can be read directly by Java’s own ImageIO class and I will also show you how to read them in JDeli.
How to read a GIF image in Java with ImageIO
- Create a File handle, InputStream, or URL pointing to the raw GIF image.
- ImageIO will now be able to read a GIF file into a BufferedImage. This syntax is like so:
BufferedImage image = ImageIO.read(gifFileOrInputStreamOrURL)
How to read a GIF image in Java with JDeli
- Add JDeli to your class or module path. (download the trial jar).
- Create a File handle or InputStream pointing to the raw GIF image. You can also use a byte containing the image data.
- Read the GIF image into a BufferedImage
BufferedImage image = JDeli.read(gifFile);
Start reading and writing images with one line of code
BufferedImage image = JDeli.read(streamOrFile);
JDeli.write(myBufferedImage, OutputFormat.HEIC, outputStreamOrFile)