In this article I will be discussing the many reasons why you should convert your PDF documents into HTML. For instances HTML allows you to do the following:
- Smooth document display integration on both web and mobile
- Ability to build additional functionality around the document
- Cross-platform compatibility – documents are accessible across all devices anywhere and anytime
- Ultimate viewing experience on any device – making the best out of the displayed document
- Rich media elements support – HTML5 has its own structures to support embedded content inside PDFs without having to use additional plugins or extensions
- SEO – If the Document is available as HTML with text, it can be fully indexed by Google and other search engines
- Control – Displaying as HTML5 allows you to provide access while retaining full control and possession of the original PDF document
At the moment we are on HTML5, this is the latest version of HTML available. It is great because it is backwards compatible with the other versions of HTML (HTML 4, 3 and 2). HTML5 also includes many useful features including:
- Canvas – which is great for animation and drawing
- SVG – this is a scaleable format for text, images and shapes. It is a really cool feature as it allows you to do a lot, for example individual text kerning.
- Much better sound and audio support.
- Ability to store some of the values locally. This means you do not need an offline database storage.
- Simplified the syntax of HTML5.
Really with all these features and ease of use there is no need to use anything other than HTML/HTML5!
If you want to find out how to convert PDF to HTML you can check ur our useful guide here: https://blog.idrsolutions.com/how-to-convert-pdf-to-html/
Do you need to solve either of these problems?
|Display PDF files in a Web app|
|Parse PDF documents as HTML|