We got a support request with regards to JPedals use of the JAI libraries this week. In doing so I realised our links to the jars where broken so I tried to track them down. Its a pretty sad state of affairs. Going to the Java Media API Oracle page reveals a broken link to Java Image I/O, getting to the actual JAI page gives you a few more broken links but you can get to the source code.
Finding some actual binaries turned out to be a bit a problem. There doesnt seem to be any links to any jars. I did find some eventually for jai-image-io and jai-core. However these seem to be from long forgotten pages (still brandishing the Sun logo in the address bar) so who knows how long they will be there for. I guess if they disappear JAI will have to be built from source if you havent got it already.
The lack of downloadable binaries makes me think that maybe we are the only people using it! One of the things we use JAI for is to decompress jpeg2000 images and there seems to be little alternative to JAI to acheive this. Unless you know any different? If you do feel free to spill the beans!
Latest posts by Daniel (see all)
- Custom HTML Font Mapping in PDF to HTML conversion - July 30, 2011
- Turn a Jar in to a Mac app complete with Installer - June 13, 2011
- JAI Memory Leak Source Changes - April 28, 2011
- Java JAI image-io jpeg2000 Memory Leak fix - March 24, 2011
- Java images – What is happening with JAI? - March 22, 2011