In this technical article, our lead developer of FormVu (which converts Acrobat forms into standalone HTML5) gives you an insight into some of the technical issues involved.
In this article I do an overview of some factors that have to be taken into consideration prior to implementing resolveNode subroutine in your code.
Adobe lifecycle designer follows the Ecma Script 357 specification to represent the SOM model structure.
in simple example :…..
in case If you want to access the name of second student then you need to pass the query as “class.student.name” for access
resolveNode method plays major role in adding, removing, and moving subform instances on the fly:
A nice html implementation example of this functionality can be found in this converted example.
Have a go at trying to add and delete items from purchase order form
Steps to handle resolveNode function:
The following are steps that simplify the process of handling resolveNode functions.
1. Write down the short representation of your full XFA form model by removing internal node structure of fields; so you can track the method insertion point and the caller of the function very quickly.
2. Always use descendant search prior to ascendant search: if you do not found the required item in descendants then move to the ascendant nodes;
3. Use parent by parent search while traversing to ascendant nodes:
4. Check for [*] symbol : if you come across this sign try to traverse through all the nodes which has the same named descendants of particular node;
5. check for “..” symbol for descendant search and “.parent” for accessing parent node.
As you can see, it can be done but requires a large amount of pre-processing.
Are you a Developer working with PDF files?
|Free: The Developer's Guide to PDF|
|Convert PDF files to HTML|
|Use PDF Forms in a web browser|
|Convert PDF Documents to an image|
|Work with PDF Documents in Java|